Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Parents

When I am with a group of people, and my mom is present, perhaps the scariest words she can say are, "Remember when..." At that point, it can go either way - good or bad. Those words can cause my blood pressure to rise like very few things can. On the one hand, she could say:

Mom: "Remember when you scored 46 points against Bayshore your junior year?"
Me: after a brief sigh of relief, "Yeah, I was feeling it that night."

But it could also go the other way:

Mom: "Remember when you cheated on your girlfriend with your best friend's girlfriend?"
Me: "Actually, I have spent the last 19 years trying to forget that. Thanks for bringing it up again, especially in front of my best friend."

What embarrassing things do your parents do to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment