Monday, April 6, 2009

zoo atlanta

Susan, Daniel, my mom, and I went to the zoo on Sunday. I like the zoo. But it got me to thinking about some funny things I have observed at the zoo.

1. Animals don't get embarrassed - I have seen an elephant facing away from the crowd, lift his tale, and proceed to take the biggest dump in the world. You should have heard all the "ohs" and ahs." I didn't know that much feces could be inside any one animal. I have also seen a gorilla "inspecting" his privates right there for everyone to see. And don't get me started on the elephant I saw that had, what I thought initially, was a fifth leg.

2. People don't get embarrassed (at a zoo) - have you noticed how grown men and women will talk to animals (who can't understand a word they are saying anyway) like they are little babies? "Hey dittle orangutan. Hey dere. How are you dittle baby? You're so cute." Meanwhile, the animal is probably thinking, "What a moron. I can't even understand a word you are saying to me."

3. Some people actually look like some of the animals - this is a fun game to play. As you walk around the zoo, try to identify which animals that the other people most resemble. You'd be amazed at how many people look like animals. Personally, I resemble a turtle (especially when my face is shaven). Just remember to do this quietly, because it would be quite embarrassing for your kid to yell out, "hey, that woman looks like an elephant!"

Have you ever seen anything funny at the zoo?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Zoo.. I would agree that the Elephant is hung like a russian mule.... Bet you were jealous....

    ReplyDelete